Printing Press Operator Heidelberg - GTO 52
Colourfast is a family run, fast paced environment that prides itself on quality not quantity. We manufacture high quality intricate cards in a competitive market.
Operate Waterless Heidelberg UV Sheet Fed GTO 52 Offset press to ensure production of highest quality product, meeting performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements while assuring personal safety and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Read and understand a job ticket; Interpret layouts, ensure that correct paper/plastic is issued and determines ink to use.
- Responsible for press make-ready and set-up; determine best sequence of colors.
- Achieve and monitor colour for consistency.
- Completes necessary paper work and records, including recording operations and inventory on computer.
- Examines printed product for ink density, position on stock and registration and makes adjustments throughout production to maintain guide, registration and colour density.
- Inspects plates for visual defects.
- Mounts plates, blankets and balances colour.
- Maintains overall production and quality of jobs by operating press according to standard operating procedures required for the press.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor adjustments and repairs, including removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers, using hand tools.
- Prepares materials for upcoming jobs by viewing production schedule and conferring with operator.
- Fills ink fountains of press; mix ink, maintain ink at acceptable levels.
- Completes material usage report and substrate usage logbook and other necessary paperwork.
- Operates material handling equipment to move loads to staging area for finishing.
- Wash up and keep work area clean
Essential skills and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Experience with UV offset printing
- Experience with Waterless Printing and asset
- printing on plastic an asset
- Proficient computer skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong math skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, employees, managers, and executives.
Must be able to lift and load heavy plastic and paper board
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We have a Covid 19 safety plan that is accessible to everyone which includes
Everyone entering the building to fill out a Covid 19 self screening checklist, and have there temperature taken upon entry. Masks are required, and high touch areas cleaned.
from a new job