The Colourfast Printing design studio covers all your artwork requirements. From original artwork creation using a client brief, to accepting press-ready files or dealing directly with your appointed agency, our highly experienced and dedicated artwork team is permanently on hand to provide expert advice for even the most complicated of jobs. All artwork is proofed prior to print production, and nothing will go ahead until we have client approval providing peace of mind that the end product will meet expectations.
All files should include bleed as indicated below
Preparing card designs for upload and print
- Your file resolution should be 300 dpi at 100% of the final printed size.
- We accept files in programs that save your artwork as either a .tiff or .eps with Text to outline or curves.
- INDESIGN (up to Creative Cloud): Include fonts utilized. Any images and colours should be in CMYK. Save as an Indesign file. You can also Stuffit or Zip it.
- QUARK (up to version 10): Include fonts on disk. Any images and colours should be in CMYK. Save as a Quark file. You can also Stuffit or Zip it.
- PHOTOSHOP (up to Creative Cloud): Save in CMYK colours. The resolution should be 300 dpi/inch.
- ILLUSTRATOR (up to Creative Cloud): All colours must be CMYK. Save the file in .eps format with Text to outlines/curves.
- All Colours must be CMYK. No RGB colours, please. Pantone colours must be specified when quoting.
- A bleed of 1/8″ of an inch on all four sides must be added to the original file size. (See bleed specs. above)
- Do not use hairlines. All lines must be a minimum of 0.5 points in width.
- No picture boxes with a fill of none unless it is Vector Art or EPS with a clipping path being used in that box.
- Leave at least a .125-inch space for Text and border lines inside the bleed line for the correct cutting of your cards.
- All black solids should be composed of: 30% Cyan, 15% Magenta, 15% Yellow, and 100% Black.
- All proofs must be signed off before printing. We will provide a Xerox Laser Proof for your approval. There is a variance of 5-10% in colour when printing on plastic.
- A press approval is recommended for critical colour matching.
- Where possible, please outline all fonts or supply fonts used.
Plastic Cards Printing services
Need 100 or 1,000,000 Plastic Cards? Colourfast is your one-stop shop for the retail marketing of your branded cards. Whatever your printing needs, Colourfast will meet your requirements. If you need high-quality plastic cards at a competitive price, then look no further than Colourfast!
We will work with you to create a unique product that will fit all your requirements. We offer all manner of features – limited only by the imagination.