RFID Card Printing
Simply, RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is similar to bar code technology but uses radio waves to capture data from tags rather than optically scanning the bar codes on a label.
In an RFID card system that uses an electronic product code (EPC) or similar numbering scheme, the following RFID attributes lead to these kinds of savings:
- Serialized data: Every object in the supply chain has a unique identifying number.
- Reduced human intervention: RFID allows tracking automatically without needing people to count or capture data or scan bar codes, which means reduced labour costs and fewer errors.
- Higher throughput supply chains: RFID allows many items to be counted simultaneously.
- Real-time information flow: As soon as an item changes state (off the shelf, out of a truck, sold to a customer), the information can be updated across the supply chain.
- Increased item security: Printing and tagging items allow them to be tracked inside a confined facility or space.
What are some of the benefits?
Asset Tracking, Supply and Chain Management, Inventory Management, Automation, Interactive Advertising, Paperless Ticketing, Retail, Security
Are you in need of a new
design for your RFID Cards?
The Colourfast Printing design studio covers all your artwork requirements.
Our design team can help you to create imaginative and striking cards as well as high quality products, that will help your product stand out.
How does RFID work?
Typical RFID System Frequency Ranges:
- Low Frequency (125 - 134 KHz) has a maximum read range of up to 20 inches.
- High Frequency (13.56 Mhz) has a maximum read range of up to 3 feet.
- Ultra-High Frecuency (856 - 960 Mhz) has a read range of 20 feet or more.
- Microwave Frequency (2.45GHz) has a read range of up to 1 meter as a paasive tag.
Key Cards / Access Control
Our hotel key cards work with all major key card door lock brands, including:
Let us know what kind of RFID Cards you need
At Colourfast we are committed to providing the highest level of service with every customer being assigned a dedicated account manager. Our team of experts are ready to help!